Think Pink

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Diamonds


I stated earlier that this blog would be about my creations... and I haven't posted anything in a few days. I have been scrapping though, but I need to scan the layouts and my scanner isn't installed at the moment. Will work on that soon.

So I looked on the harddrive of my laptop to see if there's an older scan on there somewhere... It was so typical: this one is the first one I bumped into and these people have been on my mind constantly for the last week or so... Coincidence? I don't know...

I made this layout over a year ago, it was actually published in a Dutch book on scrapbooking...

These are my grandparents on their 40th wedding anniversary. The titel says 'Diamonds', not because of their anniversary (I have been notified of the fact that I got it wrong... ha!), but because that's what they are to me: precious, invaluable, strong, shining...

Although we don't see each other as we would all love to, they are always in my heart.

Last week we got some news that totally shocked me and my family. I won't get into the details... I just wanted to share this layout with you and let you know what's on my mind... If anyone is reading this: please say a prayer for my grandad and wish him well? Thanks.

In case anyone wonders: the papers are Pebbles Inc. (green background), Design Originals (text) and ClubScrap (brown cardstock). Acrylic tags from Heidi Grace. I put stickers from Magenta on the back of the tags with Diamond Glaze. Letter stickers and 'negative' are from Creative Imaginations, the definition from Making Memories. Not sure where that clock sticker is from... I also used some chicken wire (really!), raffia and a camera charm.

1 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee Nens,
Dat is toch al een toffe BLOG hoor! Beter dan die van mij hihihi. Ik geef je het adres nog wel eens, kan je lachen, LOL.
Ben je al thuis trouwens? Nou ik sms dalijk wel ff.
Doei doei en liefs....
XXX
Maribella

 

<< Home