Think Pink

Monday, April 10, 2006

Last weeks Round Up!

New Schtuff...
- 4 layouts...

















Reading...
- The Chronicles of Narnia (slowly)
- Creating Keepsakes - april 2006... (may is in yet, but I'm trying to save that for our vacation)

Watching...
- Transporter2 : Jason Statham, super cool! More action-packed than the first and totally yucky people in supporting roles... which made Jason look even cooler ;)
- Tristan & Isolde (sneak preview) beautiful movie, beautiful settings, beautiful people... but still enough gory hack-and-slash scenes for suspense!
- the Wedding Date Only so-so... Debra Messing was a bit too neurotic for my liking (and I usually like neurotic people in movies!) and Dermot Mulroney wasn't acting, but just showing off his body. And a gorgeous body it is, but the movie was just too slow and not as funny as it should have been.
- In Good Company Imdb.com says comedy/drama/romance. I didn't think it was funny enough to put compedy first... it was more dramatic to me. But in a good way. I really like to look at Scarlett Johansson for some reason... it's not really her acting, because there isn't much change it from movie to movie... I guess not only men find her pleasing to the eye ;)

Listening...
- the debut album from Corinne Bailey Rae, I could listen to "Just like Water" 6 times on repeat. Oh, and I did! :)
- Podcasts from NPR (National Public Radio) about new music
- still the Walk The Line soundtrack (especially Reese Witherspoons songs)...
- "Angel" from Sarah McLachlan

Eating...
- too much rice (but my own fault, I cooked it myself...)
- last pint of Ben & Jerry's new Chocolate Therapy (half price-sale at the movie rental is over...)
- cruesli with vanilla yoghurt
- pide (turkish bread) with bacon and eggs, going to eat more pide!
- too many spare-ribs (

Enjoying...
- shea butter (finally soft and shiny again!!)
- sudoku puzzles
- feeling creative vibes again
- first walk of the year outside on flipflops (if only just a quikie to the car and back...)
- first signs of spring

Working on...
- work
- website
- world peace :)

4 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you recommend the Corrine Bailey Ray CD? What kind of music is it? I read something about it (must be some magazine.... )

This weekend in Amsterdam I purchased the CD of Charlie Dée. I'm listening to it now and I really like it!

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Hi Japie!

Yes, I would recommend it, Corinne has a wonderful voice! I'm getting a bit into this female singer/songwriter music, for some reason it really speaks to me at the moment.

If you go to Corinne website (link in my post) you'll her parts of her songs on the background. iTunes categorises her music as R&B/soul, but it's definitely more soul than R&B. I'm listening to parts of Charlie's music through iTunes now, Corinne's is more polished than hers, but I really like it.

'Hello Hello' from Charlie Dée sounds really familiar... but I have no idea where I heard it before?

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Oh, I forgot! First time I 'encountered' Corinne was through the TimesOnline podcast. You'll find her interview here (including bits and pieces of her music). Just scroll down a bit!

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,27052,00.html

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Ugh, what's up with blogger today?!

Here a tiny link:

http://maketiny.com/wa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home