Think Pink

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Early Ten on Tuesday

Oh well, since I've been missing for so long, why not do a Ten on Sunday? And maybe another Ten in 2 days, don't know yet! I´m planning to do a Last MONTHS Round Up by the end of the week as well!

My 10 favorite romantic movies:
* You've Got Mail (have and could watch this one over and over again. Kathleen Kelly: "Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life. Well, not small, but circumscribed. And sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around? I don't really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So good night, dear void.")
* Hope Floats (I *heart* Sandy, and Harry even more. Do keep your Kleenex closeby! Birdee Pruitt: ¨Childhood is what you spend the rest of your life trying to overcome. That's what momma always says. She says that beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it's the middle that counts the most. Try to remember that when you find yourself at a new beginning. Just give hope a chance to float up. And it will... ¨)
* Notting Hill (Yes, I *heart* Jools too and Hugh Grant and his English charm...)
* Prime (Rafi Gardet: "His penis is so beautiful I just want to knit it a hat." I know it's bad, but I so LOVE this quote from Uma!)
* Must Love Dogs (guess I'm getting older too and liking romance movies about a little bit older people... and John Cusack is SO underrated as an actor! Jake: "I think your heart grows back bigger ya know, once you get the shit beat out of you. And the universe lets your heart expand that way, cause thats the function of all this pain and heartache that you go through and you gotta go through that to come out to a better place")
* Runaway Bride/My Best Friend's Wedding/Pretty Woman (like I said: I really like Jools! But these I don't really care which of these you would pop in the dvd player for me, I like them all the same!
* Closer (Uh-oh, there's Ms. Roberts again :) The movie is a bit dark, really dramatic, but I really liked it. Very strong and well-played characters!)
* Serendipity (Kate Beckinsale and John Cusack together on screen, for me that just worked really well! And I always like to see New York City in movie backgrounds.)
* Sweet Home Alabama (Can't help it, I like Reese Witherspoon. And I thought this movie was funny. And Patrick Dempsey is always good to look at, even when he doesn't get the girl in the end!)
* Walk The Line (I know it's actually a biography of Johnny Cash. And it's drama. And it's about the music. But there is also a wonderful lovestory in there and that June Cash is such a strong character! I think the dvd is coming out soon? Me NEEDS it! :))

Please note that some things aren't on this list:
* Pride & Prejudice (the BBC version, because it actually isn't a movie but a tv series...)
* Bridget Jones's Diary (because I liked the movies, but I LOVED the books...)
* Love Actually (cause in my memory that was more of a drama than a comedy? did love it though)

Next: 10 Things You Do Every Day

4 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My top 10 romantic movies:

10. My best friend's wedding

9.Psycho (motherly love...)

8. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.

7. American Beauty

6. Amalie

5. Finding Neverland

4. Chocolat

3. Groundhog day

2. Bride of Frankenstein

1. A street car named desire

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Lazytracy said...

Okay..so there are quite a few romantic movies I like, so only ten is a bit of a squeeze, but here goes anyway.
Top ten romantic movies:

10)Maid in Manhatten (saw this one before I decided I'd boycot her for being such a horrid fur wearing person)
9)Bridget jones diary
8)Pretty in Pink, I do like Andrew Mc Carthy and Molly Ringwald is classic
7)City of Angels (a real tear jerker..but beautiful)
6)Speed ( My first Keanu film and him together with Sandra bullock, just perfect)
5) Sliding Doors (can watch it over and over. Must admit that John Hannah is fantastic)
4)Prime ( quite a new one..but very funny)
3) You've got mail
2) Two weeks notice
1) Just has to be, When Harry met Sally!

And one that I feel needs to be mentioned cause he might make the top 10 very soon is The lake house. A new one with keanu reeves and sandra bullock!

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Labyrinth
2. Flashdance
3. Shall we dance
4. Grease

that's it. Romantic movies suck\

*by the way, I have no idea how I got here

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Hi Su!
Well, I think you hit my name on Mark's blog? :)
Fun to see you here too!
Jack post coming up soon, I promise!

(btw, She's The Man was yesterday's sneak preview. Now THAT sucked! So stupid I had to laugh out loud more then I care to admit...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home